Saturday, October 17, 2015

Mystic owl wall

When expanding and renovating the bookshop, I had the idea that on at least one of the walls I wanted to do something special. I had no idea what I wanted at the time, just something special. I have always loved the color blue, so we started by painting the wall dark blue - and then I guess it´s not a surprise we decided for an owl painting on the wall. I had a picture in my head, but I couldn´t find it anywhere by googling "mystic owl", "night owl" or "moon owl", and I certainly can´t draw. But I told the artist I wanted some kind of a mystic owl and an Harry Potter-ish setting. So this is what I got, and he couldn´t have read my mind any better!

In stead of painting the moon we (..or Massimo, VASTU) made a recycled lamp out of a yoghurt can and other plastic left overs. The light in the moon gives a nice extra touch to the painting, I think. 



When he was half way through I considered keeping it like that, in only white color - it looks extra mystical and spooky like that, but I am very happy I let him finish putting on the rest of the colours! 




Thank you Henry Rojas for your great artistic work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment