Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pallet-bookshelf-project

Massimo getting pallets
 for our project
Today I was looking at my bookstore - looking so different than two months ago, so much bigger, nicer, more like I want it to be. The bookstore has kept me quite busy lately, as we have expanded and made it twice the size! In doing so we have had to paint, fix electrical system, fix ceiling and roof - and get new bookshelves. The latter is the reason I felt inspired to finally write on our blog again, as it is my very first pallet project. I will write about all the other expansion-stuff in another blog post, but the pallet bookshelf deserves its on space.


I have seen so many awesome things being made of pallets lately online, and I have had this idea of making a bookshelf out of pallets for a while. However, I am not such a handy person, and although I like having my DIY projects, the pallets seemed too challenging and time-consuming. Turns out it was not as hard as I feared to get pallets in Nicaragua, nor a person willing to do the project, and in one week my new bookshelf was in place - with the help of Massimo - the best recycler in town! 


Massimo getting pallets for our project

Ten pallets stacked in our car

Massimo working in our patio
And Voila! Bookshelf done! 

1 comment: