Tuesday, July 22, 2014

1 year anniversary - Yey!

 1 year ago...
In july 2013 I sold my first books. In total we sold 6 books that month, which is terrible, but for me at that time, having just opened the doors and done no publicity, it was big! Luckily the next month was much better, and since then we have steadily grown every month. We started out with around 200 books one year ago and now we have around 2000 in our collection. There is still A LOT of growth potential in the store, but it´s nice to look back once in a while at where we started and see how far we have come. It gives me even more pleasure thinking about that one year and 1 month ago the bookstore was just an idea, something we thought that we might never do, but it would be so cool if we did it.

And we did - We did it!! I´m not trying to brag or anything here - I guess I am trying to send off a positive message about making your dreams come true - if you really want it, you can make it happen! It is extremely satisfying to do something you have been dreaming about, and here in Nicaragua I have been given the possibility to make one of my dreams come true. 

1 year ago
The next dream is that I want to expand and make a coffee shop/travel café/bookshop. The idea has been bubbling inside me for a while now, and I think I finally convinced Rigo also, so I´m gonna give it a year and see what we can manage in that time. León could really need a place like this as there are more and more tourists, and not that many places to sit and have a good coffee. And there are definitely no places with a great selection of books and souvenirs, AND good coffee. 

There, now I have written it down and published it, so now I have to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment